Sunday, May 30, 2010

National Park Fee-Free Weekend -- June 5-6, 2010

If you think you're going to need a vacation to recover from your vacation, I've got just the ticket: Next weekend (Saturday, June 5 and Sunday, June 6) is a fee-free weekend in the National Park Service lands. It's not quite as nice as last month's National Park Week, but it's still a chance to save a small amount of money on a trip to one of our local national parks. For example, if I head out to Joshua Tree on Saturday, it'll save me $15, which would cover just over 5 gallons of gasoline. If I stick with just the northern end of the park, that'll pay for about 1/2 of the fuel costs for my trip.

Head to Death Valley, Sequoia/Kings Canyon, Yosemite, or the Grand Canyon and the fee-free weekend will save you $20. Not a huge incentive to visit your national parks, but it's a good a deal as you can get!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder how they can afford to give away a free weekend with their budget problems.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Ken

    ReplyDelete