Friday, October 1, 2010

Non-Hike

I took a short hike yesterday out of Eaton Canyon. I parked near the nature center, walked up the "shortcut" to the toll road, then back down the toll road, and back to the nature center. I also walked around the Fire Ecology nature trail. Not sure if it was three miles in total, so I'm not counting it as an official hike. I may post pictures later.

While coming back down, I saw and heard a bulldozer working on the Alta Dena Crest Trail. Actually, that was the hike I was originally planning to take, but it was already getting pretty hot. The clouds burned off pretty early yesterday.

The trail work is much needed, because even the first time I walked the Alta Dena Crest, I could not help but notice some huge erosion gullies along the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment