Sunday, July 24, 2011

Coming Attractions

Too late to work on going through pictures and writing a real post, and not sure about tomorrow, either. Depends on how far I try to get.

Yesterday, the stress finally got to me and I decided I was better off leaving than just worrying about moving for another night. Left around 4pm, with the goal of Needles, CA (near the Arizona border). The rationale was that this would let me get to Sunset Crater and Wupaki National Monuments (near Flagstaff), walk the hikes, and still get to Albuquerque at a reasonable hour the next day. Getting to ABQ tonight means hiking around Petroglyph National Monument (just west of town), then hopefully getting to near Oklahoma City tomorrow (with a stop at the Cadillac Ranch, in Amarillo).

From there, it's a long day's drive to Murray, Kentucky. Also, I'm hoping to have time to stop at Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site.

If things start looking too ambitious, I can scale this back and give myself another day, or just not stop every where I want to stop. I'll play it a bit by ear.

Anyway, think of this as a "coming attractions" preview for my next few posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment