Thursday, August 24, 2017

Total Solar Eclipse, Rexburg, Idaho

I travelled up to Idaho Falls for the total eclipse of the sun. Me, my wife, and my Prius. We stayed two nights in Idaho Falls, then drove over to Rexburg on the morning of totality. Not really a hiking adventure, but it was highly cool. I may try to write a longer post, with more photos, at a later date.
The two total eclipse shots are crops of slightly compressed .jpegs, taken with a Nikon D3400, and a Tamron 70-300mm zoom, shot at 300mm. It was transferred to my phone using Nikon's Snapbridge, which resizes the files down to 2 gb. I then cropped using what ever basic photo editing software comes on a Samsung S5. It's possible I'll have a slightly sharper, and maybe better colored photo if I crop from the full-sized files. However, at the moment, I can'tell find that SD card. That's a story in itself.
Just tossed in one partial phase shot, from before totality. More details if I manage to do some editing. And I'll type on a laptop, which will be much quicker and easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment