Sunday, May 1, 2011

Manhunt Below Mt. Wilson

Sheriff deputies and various police and public safety agencies had scores of men and women deployed in the San Gabriel Mountains, below Mt. Wilson today. Here's a story in the local paper. There's a picture of the suspect. He may or may not still be in the area, so if you're hiking near Mt. Wilson, you might want to keep your eyes peeled. The suspect is consider armed and dangerous.

I was hiking in the area, but didn't see the picture until I was back down near Henninger Flats. I'll blog on my hike later.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like they've wrapped up the search, with the suspect (hopefully, the suspect!) found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

    Things were getting crazy in the Angeles. In addition to the fatal shooting near Chantry on Thursday, there was a non-fatal shooting in the San Gabriel Canyon two weeks ago. Also, on my way down from my Mt. Islip hike last week, I saw a car on the side of the road, pulled over by Sheriff's deputies. No problem there, except the deputies had their guns drawn. You don't see that too often.

    It all makes me a little more leery of using the local mountains for late-night astronomy.

    ReplyDelete