Friday, January 17, 2014

Pictures from 2012

Well, 2014 is getting off to a very slow, non-hiking start. As I look at my work schedule, I may not be hitting the trail for another week. That's really sad. And annoying.

So, in the meantime, I finally got around to downloading some photos from my cell phone that I took back in August 2012. It was from a hike in Chino Hills State Park, where I forgot my camera. My phone battery was also nearly discharged, so I managed all of about six shots before it died.
I've also inserted these photos into that old post, and took out the references to having no photos from that hike. There are some pictures, though not necessarily very good ones.

The main entertainment from that hike was the large cow I ran into, and the large tarantula I ran into. Yeah, the cow was much larger than the tarantula. And, in fact, it was also scarier, because it's not like a tarantula can run you over if he gets pissed at you.

Chino Hills cows have built up a bit of a reputation for being ornery. Look it up.

Tarantulas, meanwhile, are usually known to be pretty sedate. I'm more scared when I see a lot of tarantula hawks flying around, on the assumption that their sting must undoubtedly hurt a lot. Haven't ever had to feel the sting, and I hope I never do.

In a day or two, I'll probably post some pictures from the Santa Fe Dam outreach event. It went pretty well, though the pictures there were probably less impressive than the ones from my phone 18 months ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment