Sunday, April 30, 2017

Hike 2017.015 -- Antelope Valley California Poppy State Reserve

A combination of my medical condition and the various family obligations I have had over the past few months have essentially eliminated my hiking opportunities. I'm figuring maybe in late-May, I'll be starting a more regular regimen of hiking.

Other than the occasional walk around developed parks or Griffith Park, this was my last adventure. It was late March, and the poppies were blooming nicely. They were extremely thick in some areas of the Reserve, but spotty or non-existent in others. For this shot, I used my phone's camera. I had recently read an article in Outdoor Photographer about how ultra wide lenses were best for immersing yourself into the scene: Get low and right into the action. So this, I did. I was very happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment