Sunday, July 3, 2011

Off-Topic: Murray, Kentucky

Looks like a fairly high probability I'll be moving to Murray, Kentucky for the next school year. On the off-chance anyone who reads this has information they might want to share with me about the area, I'd welcome the feedback.

Probably leaving within three weeks, so I may be down to my last few hikes out here in southern California for a while.

There's a large national recreation area (Land Between the Lakes) near Murray, so I expect I'll be able to post those hikes in early August. Once the school year starts, hiking will be a little tougher, but I do hope to have time for some weekend trips around my new temporary home.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what are you studying and how long will you be there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not studying--teaching. Don't want to say in which department yet, at least not on this thread, since I haven't received the formal written offer, yet. I don't think I've said anything that would cause me trouble, but I don't want to take the chance.

    Turns out I did hike Idlehour today, but haven't finished doing the write-up, yet. I'll finish that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, SkyHiker! I'll miss your trail updates of our beloved San Gabriel Mountains. I was in a similar situation for over 6 months as I searched for work and hiked to stay sane, but 2 weeks ago I started a new job, though now I miss the beauty of the deserted trailhead on a weekday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Yeah, there's something to be said for hiking on the weekdays. :D I know I ran into and chatted with a number of people on those hikes who were also unemployed and trying to make the best of the situation.

    Congratulations on finding local work. I spent nearly two years trying to stay local without success. I still hope to come back, but all that time spent on futile searches has left me pessimistic about southern California.

    ReplyDelete