Sunday, January 4, 2015

Hike 2015.001 -- Eaton Canyon

First hike of the year. Short, after-work hike to from the Eaton Canyon Nature Center to Eaton Canyon Falls. Well, actually, I parked on the street rather than in the lot, because I wasn't sure if I'd get back before they locked the gate. The sign out front said the locked it at 5pm, and I got started somewhat after 3pm.

That's an early start, but I was lucky, as, with this being a quasi-holiday, my boss let me go home early.

So I drove home, changed clothes, tossed my camera in the bag, and went. Slow traffic, on account of the floats in Victory Park, which messes up traffic on both Altadena and Sierra Madre Blvds.

Got there, pulled out my camera, and discovered I did not have an SD card in my camera. Damn. It occurred to me then that I pulled it out to download some pictures of my cat to the computer. So I was pretty sure as I started the hike I'd have no hike pictures.

On the other hand, I did have my lousy phone camera, so I've got a lousy waterfall picture. Also, I've got some cat pictures, so you can see why I didn't have any dslr pictures from my hike. :D

About 4.5 miles for the hike, one I've done many times before.

No comments:

Post a Comment