Friday, March 6, 2015

Hike 2015.012 -- Anthony C. Beilenson Park, Van Nuys, CA

Hiked Sunday, February 22. Short "hike," twice around the lake, then a short detour along the wash that flows into the river. Probably less than three miles total, even with the two laps, but it started raining hard enough that I had to call it a day.

Forgot to reinsert an SD card into my camera, so all I had on this day was my recently-purchased smartphone (a Samsung S5, in case anyone's curious).

Very few cherry blossoms in bloom, and not even as many cherry trees not yet in bloom as I recalled from my last visit (several years ago). There is an area on what seems to be the north end of the lake, where many new trees have been planted.

I'll try to get back to this area within a week or two, to see if I can catch the bloom.

The odd seen with the shows and the shawl were just on a park bench. I sort of assume the owner was part of a photo shoot, and they moved on long before I arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment