Monday, January 4, 2021

Warren Peak, Joshua Tree National Park, CA

Another quick post. Hiked this on Saturday, November 7. Late start from the LA area, but that was partially because of the forecast of possible thunderstorms and flash flooding until 1pm, so I had arrange to get there after the threat was past. Hiked here once before, during my first 100 hike year. But, because I'm an idiot, I did not review my writeup and see that I should have parked at the visitor center rather than at the actual trailhead.
Started out brisk, and stayed that way past sunset. Pretty decent flurries for the first 30 or 40 minutes, and I found some snowflakes still hanging on as I got to the peak. Nice sunset. About 2 2/3 miles each way. Well signed, though you should pay attention as you walk. The "WP" signs point the way. Because of the cold and the late start, I passed numerous people coming the other way near the start, but had most of the hike to myself. No problem social distancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment