Sunday, May 8, 2022

Joshua Tree, Venus/Jupiter Conjunction, May 1, 2022

Used some long-held AAdvantage points for a free night's stay at the Motel 6 in Twentynine Palms. Did some hiking the previous afternoon and evening, to scout out possible sites to shoot the conjunction. Closest approach between the planets was actually the previous morning, but I worked on Friday night, so couldn't head out until the Saturday, to shoot, Sunday morning.

Continuous morning fog the previous few days here in the LA Basin, so I was pretty sure I would need to head to the desert to see this, and I did. Hiked just around Arch Rock and Heart Rock. I saw lights around Arch Rock in the morning so I headed elsewhere.

Hope to get my previous night's hike, and other hikes from the past six weeks posted, soon.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment