Saturday, February 5, 2011

I feel terrible

Tiny crescent moon in the west, surrounded by a LOT of clouds.

If I were feeling better and didn't have those other things I needed to do today, I'd be heading out for a night of dark sky observing with my friends, who are out in the Mojave this evening.

Not me. I keep thinking I'm feeling better, but after even a little bit of walking or going up stairs, I'm huffing and puffing and sweating and coughing.

Today, I got to feel lousy with a room of other people. I was taking a civil service exam (part of my so-far unsuccessful plan to become employed). This may have cost me a few points, because I just didn't have the patience to reread all the questions and work through them all twice, as I usually do.

Today was also one of the orientation days for the Eaton Canyon Nature Center docent training program, but I figured I would do everyone a favor and stay away. They have another orientation on Tuesday night, which I intend to attend.

I should clarify that I don't actually feel terrible. I'm pretty sure that's just a Han Solo line from The Empire Strikes Back.

No comments:

Post a Comment