Wednesday, February 9, 2011

LA Zoo

Since I haven't had any new hikes to post in quite some time, I thought I'd post some shots from the LA Zoo. These were taken back in September.

The picture of the sea lion floating upside down against a window kept popping up on my slide show.

The meerkats were also looking cute, although I guess it would be a better picture without the chainlink fence behind them.

This was the first time I saw the ocelots doing anything other than sleeping in a corner. I don't know if this meant they were finally getting used to their cage or if they were just feeling frisky that day.

I'm still not feeling 100 percent, but I absolutely need to get some walking in tomorrow. I've printed out the maps and directions to get to Chino Hills State Park tomorrow. I'm planning to hike from the Rim Crest Trailhead to San Juan Hill. David Lockertz on his Nobody Hikes in L.A. blog, which I follow, recently posted about this one. So tomorrow I'll either report success or a ticketed/towed car!

2 comments:

  1. I lived about two minutes from that Zoo and never went in. Too bad. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bit of a drive for me, but I've been a member pretty much since I moved back to L.A. Still, I rarely get there more than once or twice a year. Turns out my favorite stuff is all near the front--the ocelots, the meerkats, and the sea lions. Haven't been there since the new elephant exhibit opened.

    Health-wise, I feel pretty normal if I'm just laying around, aside from the occasional coughing jags. But any serious exertion and I can tell I'm getting tired way quicker than I should.

    ReplyDelete