Sunday, March 13, 2011

Daylight Savings Time

It's soon to be 6pm and the sun is still well above the horizon. Should be another hour or so before it sets, and 90 minutes before it gets really dark.

Yep, Daylight Savings Time sure opens up the possibilities for afternoon hikes. Unfortunately, I can't take advantage of the daylight today or tomorrow. Maybe not until Tuesday. My hiking frequency is way down from last year, but I keep having things come up that interfere. Many are job search-related, so I wouldn't mind the reduced hiking so much if the job search-related stuff had actually led to a job by now! Other ones are astronomy-related, which I really can't complain about since I bring that on myself.

Monday is a "moon party" with a friend of mine, who teaches at La Canada High School. His students are lucky enough to actually get to look through telescopes when they do their astronomy modules in science class!

No comments:

Post a Comment