Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Desert Wildflowers

I've been monitoring several sites with reports on desert wildflowers. Joshua Tree National Park has been posting reports weekly, usually up around Tuesday or Wednesday, so people can plan for the upcoming weekend. The current report is here. I'm thinking maybe a week or two before Pinto Basin and the area south of the park reaches peak, but that's just a guess. Sounds picturesque, already.

Sounds like Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve is still several weeks from peak, as well.

Here's the writeup of my visit to the Antelope Valley State Poppy Reserve from last year. My impression from later reports I read was that we might have been a week or two early.

Here's a post of a trip to Joshua Tree, which was probably a week or two after peak.

And, for good measure, here's the writeup of my visit to Amboy Crater.

Not sure how the weather this year is comparing to last year, so I don't know if the flowers will be as intense, or if they'll come earlier or later. But these posts might give you an idea of about when the flowers might be blooming.

No comments:

Post a Comment